Technologically advanced liquid applied roofing membranes have advanced significantly over the last 50 years and have now become a major player in all sectors of the roofing industry.
All roofing systems eventually suffer from one or more of the following, sunlight damage, movement caused by expansion, discolouration and general wear. Treating and coating your damaged roof with a liquid system extends the life of your roof at a lower cost to re-roofing.
Roof Coatings & Treatment Systems are an effective and cost efficient alternative to the replacement of an existing roof covering. Practical Roofing provides systems which meet client’s budgets and job requirements where issues such as business interruption, water ingress and specific safety codes need to be taken into consideration.
Liquid roofing systems can be applied and adhered to felt, bitumen, metal, concrete and asbestos. It can also be applied directly onto a damp surface. A liquid coating is resistant to damage caused by foot traffic, sunlight, heat expansion and pollutants making it the ideal solution to a damaged roof.
Liquids offer complete solutions for all roof coating requirements as well as having a number of key advantages over other materials including:
- A completely seamless, waterproof roofing membrane
- Installed minimising the need for heat or naked flame so the major Health & Safety risks are mitigated
- Cold applied built-up roof systems are available, including insulation to help meet Part L regulations
- Liquid membranes are tough and elastomeric
- They are easily applied to large areas and ensure that complex details are easily dealt with and free from joints, fixtures, and seams
- They have the ability to be installed over existing roof coverings without the need to remove the old material. This process makes the system very versatile and reduces the cost of removal and disposal of the old roof (therefore environmentally friendly) whilst also reducing installation times
- Minimal disruption to business activities
- Compatible with most roof designs and substrates
- Resistant to UV degradation, and airborne pollutants
- Generally available in a range of colours to meet designers’ requirements
- Liquid Systems also offer the opportunity to coat and encapsulate existing asbestos roofs.